- Clean or replace air conditioning filter.
- Replace furnace air filters each month during the heating season.
- Have your fireplace cleaned and serviced as needed.
- Shut down and clean furnace humidifier, and close the furnace humidifier damper on units with central air conditioning.
- Check the air conditioning system.
- Check eaves and downspouts for loose joints and securely attach to your home.
- Check dehumidifier and clean if necessary.
- Turn OFF gas furnace and fireplace pilot lights where possible.
- Check smoke, and carbon monoxide alarms and replace batteries.
- Clean windows, screens and hardware, and replace storm windows with screens.
- Examine the foundation walls for cracks and repair as required.
- Repair and stain fences as necessary.
- Ensure sump pump is working properly.
- Clear any drainage ditches. on your property.
- Lubricate your door hinges
- Replace any loose caulking around your doors or windows
- Check basement pipes for any condensation
- Check your electrical services lines for deterioration
- Go up on your roof to inspect your shingles, chimney, eaves
- Get rid of any plants that are overgrown or to close to your house
- Lubricate the track on your garage door opener
- Check the siding on your home for potential repairs
- Repair any driveway cracks before they become bigger problems
- Call a Chimney Sweep company to have the chimney cleaned
- Seal with caulk any small holes that would allow insects in or cool air from your house to escape
- Lubricate your windows if they are getting older so they will last a little longer
- Examine your furnace, or be proactive and call for a service before winter sets in
- Check to make sure that you have a good seal around all doors to keep the cold outside, if not use weather-stripping or caulk
- Check your furnace filters, replace if dirty
- Turn on your whole house humidifier, replace the filter and or call a service company to make sure it is running properly
- Put away all outdoor equipment before the winter comes to protect your investment for next year
- Cover a/c unit
- Clean your downspouts if cluttered with leaves
- Drain and store outdoor hoses
- Clean your lawn mower and be sure to add fuel stabilizer to protect any gas left in the machine
- Consider putting up your holiday decorations late in the fall before the snow starts to fly
Be sure to clean and or replace any furnace filters
Clean your humidifier before mold starts to grow
Check your attic for any frost damage
Shut off outdoor plumbing for the season
Check your windows for frost, if you see frost you might need to contact a local window/door specialist for a solution
Check that your fire extinguisher(s) is/are working properly
Dust your ceiling fan, bathroom fan ventilation cover (they will run better)